MUST HAVE – BOOZE PERFECT FOR TRIPS/PARTIES
Vodka Martini Skinny Freezes – between $2.99 and 3.50
Slim Chillers has recently launched their Skinny Freezers.
Made from premium vodkas and fun flavors you can eat them cold or let them melt in the glass! They are AMAZING and only 100 calories! Choose from Appletini, Watermelon-Lemonade, Cosmo, or Lemon drop! Great for pool or beachside, bbq's, boating, camping and more!!
Pretty Southern LLC – Bun Bows to make that updo one step above the rest!
Sisters, Meghan and Melissa started making and wearing bun bows and after having tons of people compliment their hair accessories…they opened up a company! I just received my 2 and LOVE them! Of course it’s a new local business so I’m all about supporting the locals. You can purchase your bow for 15 bucks in tons of colors and patterns.
Soothe An Itchy Mosquito Bite With A Hot Spoon
I have been eaten alive this year by mosquitos….I have bites EVERYWHERE. I’ve been scratching so much, it’s like I have scabies.
A friend of a friend offered an anti-itch solution that finally gave me relief. She offered me a burning hot spoon that she warmed up on the stove. Once it cooled down to an acceptable temperature to touch to my skin (be really careful not to burn yourself!), I held the back of the spoon on the bites and
WARNING: DO NOT BURN YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!
RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream.
Of course…I say go to Sona Med Spa (www.sonamedspa.com) because they’re the best BUT…until you can set your appointment there …try this drugstore brand to get you going in the right direction.
Short of Botox, nothing's better at smoothing fine lines and wrinkles than retinol. And for less than $20, nothing beats RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream. The dose of pure, stabilized retinol in this Best of Beauty winner stimulates collagen production and faster cell turnover. The result? Firmer, healthier, more glowing skin. Just be sure to use a moisturizer containing a high SPF during the day since retinol makes your skin more sun-sensitive.
$$18 – 19 bucks
7 Surprising Ways Junk Food Can Make You Miserable
1. Botox before your time: What's bad for your waist is also bad for your face. Sugars, trans fats (used to extend the shelf life of some packaged foods), and starches can cause insulin to surge and trigger an inflammatory response, the end product of which is called glycation. This speeds the aging process (gives you wrinkles)
by deactivating the body's own age-fighting antioxidants, making you more prone to sun damage and premature aging.
2. Really tight jeans: There is a ton of sodium in processed junk foods, and sodium is a big cause of bloating. How? The purpose of sodium is to regulate the amount of blood in your vessels, but it also attracts water. High concentrations of sodium pull water from your cells, causing your body to hang on to extra fluid to compensate. If you're a fan of diet soda, which many body-conscious girls are, it can make matters even worse: The combination of bubbles (which trap air) and artificial sweeteners (which can cause gas) is bloat central.
3. That not-so-regular feeling: White bread, white rice, and other
"white" (read: processed) products can cause constipation because
they contain little to no fiber, and fiber moves everything through the
body. Dehydration can make constipation worse as well, and if you're coupling your white bread with booze-knocking back beers and hot dogs at a Sunday afternoon ball game-you're not looking at a regular Monday morning.
4. A roll of Tums for breakfast: Too many high-fat meals are a
recipe for acid indigestion. Foods high in saturated fat take longer to digest; when you haven't fully digested last night's cheeseburger and fries, excess stomach acid can splash back into your esophagus the next time you eat, causing heartburn.
5. Crazy lady PMS: Foods alone don't actually cause PMS, but
some can certainly make it worse. Sugar and starches can cause insulin to spike and then drop, which affects brain chemicals and may exacerbate mood swings. Sweet coffee drinks are one of the worst things you can indulge in when your hormones are raging-the combination of sugar and the simulant effect of caffeine (and the subsequent crash) can push you over the edge.
6. An aspirin dependency: Tyramine, a chemical formed in the breakdown of a certain protein in food colorants, dyes, and nitrates (found in hot dogs and other processed meats) is a known headache inducer; experts believe it increases blood flow to the brain, causing vascular changes that result in pain. If the snack you're about to eat has a hue that's not found in nature, you may want to steer clear.
7. A really bad mood: Studies show that people who eat a lot of junk food are more likely to experience depression. Even if you don't fall into a serious funk, pigging out on food that's not good for you will make feel lousy-and when you don't feel great your mood is bound to be lousy as well.
IF YOU KNOW OF A BUSINESS OR A PRODUCT THAT SHOULD BE FEATURED ON GIRL TIME. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT ERICA@BOBANDTHESHOWGRAM.COM